Let me tell you, life with a toddler is something else. Alone time is illusive. Sometimes I think I’d give my left foot for a few minutes of uninterrupted privacy…without the constant “Momma, Momma, Momma” ringing in my ears. Here lately I can’t even brush my teeth without being tugged on. Remington is 19 months old now and loves to brush his teeth. LOVES it. Seriously. He will fuss “teeeeeeeeeef” & point at the toothbrush until I give in. No matter that he has “brushed” his teeth 4 times today already. Good hygiene…guess I can’t complain! I think Remi is going through a Mommy stage. He has been so very clingy. Some days I am just worn out. I think I’m in a funk after all of this Christmas-ing. I finally had my last Christmas celebration on Friday. It was so wonderful to catch up with my girlfriends, but dragging out Christmas really took a toll on me this year! We have been going, going, going since well before Christmas. I feel like I can take a deep breath now..and try to find a place for all of our new gifts! Despite my grumpy attitude today, I am content. I know I am blessed and highly favored. I think I’m going to start posting pits and peaks. You know, the highs and lows of my day or week. Here goes:
- I had a date night with my husband! OK, we sat in the deer stand and went to see a movie, but that’s quality time in these parts!
- I had a Christmas get-together with three of my best girlfriends. Emily, Megan, Layna and I have been exchanging Christmas gifts together since MIDDLE SCHOOL! How cool is it that the tradition continues each year? We have all gone in different directions, but I love how our friendships are always able to pick up where we left off.
- I attended a baby shower for one of my friends from high school. Ate some delicious food, caught up with some old friends, and ooh’ed and ahh’ed over some sweet baby girl clothes.
- Remi said “hold me” for the first time. While I was trying to get ready of course, but talk about melting a momma’s heart! What do you think I did?! Mommas learn to put on earrings (with backs) and mascara one-handed, you know!
- Remi got one of those “outside toys” for Christmas. The plastic Little Tikes kind with the slide. Yeah, this bad boy has a slide, basketball net, and soccer/hockey goal. I put it together ALL BY MYSELF yesterday. I was so proud! Remi totally approves of it! He loves sliding and is already breaking all of the playground rules. :)
- Jarrett and I had the HUGE honor and privilege of attending a gender reveal party for some very dear friends of ours. These precious friends lost their baby girl in June due to a car wreck. By the grace of God, they are in the healing process and are now expecting a baby BOY! We couldn’t be more excited for their family and had so much fun celebrating with them. God is so good.
OK, those were lots of peaks! I think I could have made a post just about that. Y’all, this is what happens when I don’t even have a spare moment to think! It all comes spilling out in the blog post.
Until next time, K